I found this recipe on Pinterest....and had to give them a try! Boy am I ever so happy I did.
I absolutely LOVE to bake, it's definitely my favorite thing to do, besides crafting and taking pictures that is! ;)
So today, we had a very snowy wet day, so I decided today was the day to try these cookies out. After all, New York Times rates it as the BEST...so it must be right?
I learned a few new tricks too with baking, that really excited me!
1. I didn't know that the difference with different flours, was the amount of protien in it. Interesting.
2. If you can't find pastry flour, you can substitute it with 1c. of cake flour and 2c. of All Purpose flour. (I found this out by googling it.)
3. No need to double this recipe because this makes a HUGE batch of cookies!
4. Yes...refrigerating the dough prior, to baking, for 24 hours does make a difference in the baking!
5. When you bite into them, they are light and crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside. Melt in your mouth GOODNESS! :)
6. I will no longer be making any other chocolate chip cookies again...these are the BEST!
7. I didn't add walnuts to the recipe, but I did place some on top of about 1/2 of the cookies, because I LOVE walnuts in my cookies. So good!
8. The Chocolate DOES matter too! I used the best quality Chocolate block and did as they suggested with chopping it. I put the block in the microwave for 30 seconds to soften it just a bit, it made such a difference with being able to chop the chocolate easier.
You can find the recipe here, at Tender Crumb blog.
I hope you all try these...they are AMAZING! I had to share this with everyone I know! :) Enjoy!
Have a beautiful rest of your weekend.